Members and Board of Directors
Finance Finland represents the majority of banks, insurers, finance houses, securities dealers, fund management companies and financial employers operating in Finland. We have 275 member organisations, who employ about 36,000 people. Our members’ commitment to responsible business is the cornerstone of our lobbying.
Finance Finland is an association that has the discretion to select its members.
- Eligible members include corporations that carry out activities in the financial, insurance or securities market.
- A foreign corporation must have at least a branch in Finland.
- Financial corporations and insurance companies must be full members, which means they are required to participate in the activities of the association in the areas of industry policy and labour market policy.
- Primarily private employee pension insurance companies can be accepted as members. Employee pension insurance companies and other pension institutions operating in Finland have fundamentally different basis for operations and are governed by different legislation.
- Payment institutions are not accepted as members. Finance Finland keeps key stakeholder groups in the field of payments up to date and consults them on development projects at Finance Finland. Relevant service providers are also consulted on possible changes to national payment standards that are maintained by Finance Finland.
- Investment funds (UCITS) and alternative investment funds are eligible as members.
- Crowdfunding service providers and finance houses that do not belong in a group or conglomerate that is already Finance Finland’s member are not eligible as members.
FFI members include
- Credit institutions
- Commercial banks, etc.
- OP Financial Group
- POP Bank Group
- Savings Banks Group
- Life insurance companies
- Authorised pension insurance companies
- Non-life insurance companies
- Investment firms
- Fund management companies
Board of Directors
The FFI Board is elected by the general meeting. The Board has authority over all of FFI’s strategic lobbying projects and key issues that concern the entire sector. It also decides on FFI’s strategy, organisation, action plan, budget, and other such matters specified in the FFI rules. The Board elects its own Executive Chairman and Vice Chairmen.
Juha Koponen, CEO, LocalTapiola Group
Timo Ritakallio, President and Group Chief Executive Officer, OP Financial Group
Sara Mella, Head of Personal Banking FI, Nordea Bank AB
Members of the Board:
Juha Hammarén, Interim CEO, Aktia Bank
Janne Lassila, Head of Country Management Office, Danske Bank
Carl Pettersson, CEO, Elo
Jouko Pölönen, CEO, Ilmarinen
Tomi Yli-Kyyny, CEO, Fennia
Hanna Porkka, Deputy CEO, S-Bank
Petri Niemisvirta, CEO, Mandatum Life
Karri Alameri CEO, Savings Banks’ Union Coop
Peter Wiklöf, CEO, Bank of Åland Plc
Arno Ahosniemi, Managing Director, Finance Finland
Secretary of the Board:
Mari Pekonen-Ranta, Director, Finance Finland