The financial sector has an active role
in the prevention of money laundering
AML measures should be further improved
- Financial institutions must be able to mutually exchange information on any suspicious business transactions.
- Authorities must be guaranteed sufficient resources for the prevention of money laundering.
- Authorities and the financial sector must improve mutual information exchange.
- Supervision must be enhanced to prevent money laundering on both national and EU level.
- Relevant legislation also needs further clarification and simplification to ensure honest customer relationships are not hampered. Resources must be targeted where risks are the highest.
All content on the topic