The Nordic banking associations are organising a webinar on the standardisation and development needs of sustainability reporting.
The webinar will be held in English on 15 April, 12–13 CET.
The EU is on the move towards more harmonised sustainability reporting. This webinar addresses questions such as:
- What are the priorities in the upcoming non-financial reporting review?
- What is lacking in sustainability reporting today?
- Why is reporting so important for the financial companies and sustainable investments?
- What are the opportunities and challenges of increased reporting for the companies?
- How do we ensure that reporting is effective and purposeful?
- Keynote speech by MEP Ville Niinistö (Greens). Mr Niinistö will also participate in the panel.
- Panel debate
Moderated by Kristiina Vares-Wartiovaara, Head of ESG at OP Asset Management and a member of EFRAG’s Project Task Force on Non-Financial Reporting Standards
- Sean Kidney, CEO of Climate Bonds Initiative, member of the EU’s Sustainable Finance Platform.
- Rebekah Smith, Deputy Director of the Social Affairs department in Business Europe
- Q&A with audience
Finance Finland, Finance Denmark, Finance Norway and the Swedish Bankers’ Association are organising a series of virtual ‘Sustainable Finance Talks’ which will focus on key political topics on the sustainable finance agenda in 2021. The first webinar this February focused on the future and upcoming Commission strategy on sustainable finance. The following webinars will discuss further development of the EU Taxonomy as well as sustainability risks and their relation to other financial risks.